Cabbage Soup Diet
Cabbage Soup means seven days plan to reduce weight. It is a quick method to reduce one’s extra kilos. It is a combination of cabbage soup, lots of water and little amount of other foods diet to be followed for seven days. As Cabbage has very rich content of fibre and very few calories, so a dieter can have as much of soup as he/she wants. The advantage of this Soup Diet is that a dieter has no need to starve, which a dieter always love to hear but also this diet plan cannot be relied upon for a long time because it is not a very nutritionally sound plan..
All fruits except bananas, as much as you want. (and the soup, as much as you want)
All vegetables particularly leafy green ones rather than starchy ones. You can eat one baked potato (without butter and the soup, as much as you want)
Fruits and vegetables, but no potatoes or bananas (and the soup, as much as you want)
Bananas and Skim Milk. Up to eight bananas, and as much skim milk as you want. This is to give you protein and carbohydrates and calcium and potassium (and the soup, as much as you want)
Meat and tomatoes. Not too much meat, and try to make it red meat for the iron. Drink plenty of water to wash out the acid from the tomatoes. (and the soup, as much as you want)
Meat and vegetables — as much as you want. Again, don’t forget red meat for the iron. (and the soup, as much as you want)
Vegetables and Brown Rice — as much as you want. (and the soup, as much as you want)
Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 head cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 800 gm tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green peppers
- 4 stalks celery
- black pepper
- any fresh herb(s) of your choice, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 200 gm green beans, sliced on diagonal
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Put all vegetables in a big pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, stir in the soup mix (if desired), and boil gently for 10 minutes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the black pepper and chopped herbs.
- Serve garnished with chopped herbs.