Carrot Soup – III
• 10 Young Carrots
• 1 Small Turnip
• 1/2 Cup Pearl Barley
• 2 tbsp. corriandar leaves (chopped)
• 2 tbsp. Butter
• 3 Spring Onions
• 1 Quart Water
• 1/2 oz. Flour
• Salt and Pepper according to taste.
1. Boil the barley in half the water till soft. Drain it and set aside the liquid.
2. Chop the vegetables finely and place in a pan with melted butter. Stir till the butter has been absorbed. Add the barley water, also the other half of the water and cook gently until the vegetables are quite soft.Now blend allthe ingredients and strain.
3. Mix flour in a little milk and add to soup. Add salt and pepper.
4. Serve hot garnish with corriandar leaves.