- 750 gm. chicken breasts (skinned & cut into pieces)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup spring onion greens (finely diced)
- 1″ cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole black pepper corns
- 3 tsp garlic (minced)
- 3 tsp ginger (minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 potatoes (peeled & cut into pieces)
- 1/2 cup corriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sante, spring onion greens, cinnamon and peppercorns until onions and sprig onions greave are soft. Do not let onions brown.
- Add chicken, garlic, ginger, salt, turmeric and tomatoes. Mix well, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add 6 cups of water, potatoes and corriander leaves. Mix well, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Add lemon juice, mix and serve.
- Discard whole spices before seaving.