Chile Cabbage Soup
• 1 small green cabbage
• 1 large potato
• 1 large leek
• 3 tbsp of butter
• 4 cups chicken stock
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 cup coarsely chopped queso fresco or Munster cheese
1. Finely shredded the cabbage. Peel the potato and cut into small shoestring type strips. Cut the leek thinly.
2. Heat the butter in a pan large enough to hold all the ingredients. Cook the cabbage, potato, and leek until all the butter has been absorbed and the cabbage is wilted, about 4 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock, salt and pepper if desired. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the cheese and serve.