Chinese Cantonese Seafood Soup
• 4 sole fillets save bones and trimmings from fish
• 1 onion
• 1/2 large carrot chopped
• 1 chicken bouillon cube
8 button mushrooms halved
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 10 shrimp prawns
• 1/2 cup grape juice
• 2 tbsp lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
• spinach leaves
• bean sprouts
1. Place the bones and trimmings together with onion, carrot and chicken stock cube in 1200 ml water. Bring to boil and cook for 30 minutes. Strain and put aside.
2. Cut each fillet of sole in half by slicing lengthwise. Tie each fillet loosely into a knot and poach in stock until tender.
3. Cook the mushrooms in the oil until tender, add the prawns and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the grape juice and lemon and take from the heat. Add the spinach and bring the stock again to boil. Add the rest of the ingredients.
5. Serve hot garnished with bean sprouts.