Creamy Almond Soup
• 15-20 almonds
• 1 cup bottle gourd (cut into small pieces)
• 1 cup cabbage (cut into small pieces)
• 2 potatoes
• 1 tbsp. plain flour
• 1 cup milk
• 3 to 4 drops almond essence
• 2 tbsp. butter
• Salt and pepper according to taste
• 1/4 cup fresh cream
1. Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin. Keep aside a few for decoration.
2. Heat the butter, add the vegetables and almonds and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
3. Add 5 cups of water and cook in a pressure cooker. When cooked, put in a blender and strain.
4. Mix well, add the almond essence, milk and flour.
5. Slice the remaining almonds and roast in an oven until crisp.
6. Fill the bowl with the soup, add the cream and almond slices.
7. Serve hot with grated cheese.