Creamy Spinach Soup
• 4 cups onion & potato stock
• 2 bunches spinach
• 1 onion (chopped)
• 100 gms fresh cream
• 1 1/2 tbsp corn flour
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 tbsp butter
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. For making the stock, cut 2 onions & 2 potatoes into large cubes. Then pressure cook in four cups of water and once done, strain the water and reserve as stock.
2. Wash and grind the spinach to a fine paste and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat butter, add the chopped onion and sauté till they turn soft. Now add the spinach paste, sauté till it turns soft, then add the salt, pepper, stock and boil for a while.
4. Take off the soup from the heat, strain it and keep on the gas again. Mix the corn flour with the milk and add to the soup.
5. Simmer for few minutes then serve hot decorated with swirls of fresh cream