Cumin & Pepper Rasam
• 2 tsp Arhar Dal
• 1/2 + 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp Pepper
• 1+1 Red chilli
• 1/2 tsp Tamarind paste
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric
• 3 cups Water
• 1/2 tsp Ghee
• Curry leaves a few
• Salt to taste
1. Soak Arhar Dal, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, pepper, red chili, and curry leaves in water for 15 minutes.
2. Wet grind the above mixture.
3. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil, and add tamarind paste, salt, and turmeric. Let this boil for a few minutes, and then add the ground masala.
4. Fry 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, and 1 red chili in ghee and add this to the rasam.
5. Servo hot.
Important : If you like less spicy then you can skip chilies or can alter their quantity according to your taste.
1. Dry roast Arhar Dal and pepper without oil for 1 minute.
2. Soak this in water along with red chili & cumin seeds after 10 min . Wet grind this nicely.
3. Boil Tamarind water, salt, turmeric, and add the above mixture, and let it boil for a few minutes until the flavour comes out.
4. Fry 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves and 1 red chili in ghee and add this to the rasam.