• 1 cup masoor dal
• 3 onions (sliced )
• 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional)
• 3 tsps curry powder
• 3 tomatoes (cut into big pieces )
• 6 tbsps spinach leaves (chopped)
• 1 tbsp. oil
• Salt and lime juice to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a few seconds.
2. Add the crushed garlic, chili and curry powders. Fry again for a few seconds.
3. Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes and washed masoor dal and cook in a pressure cooker. When cooked, blend in a blender.
4. Again boil the mixture for 15 minutes. Add salt.
5. Just before serving, add the spinach and boil for a few seconds. Serve hot with a slice of lemon.