Egyptian Bean and Vegetable Soup – Full Nabed
• 1 cup Chopped onions
• 2 cup Canned or cooked beans
• 1 cup Chopped fresh tomatoes
• 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
• 3 1/2 cup Vegetable stock
• 1 Large carrot, chopped
• Garlic cloves, pressed
• 1/4 cup Olive oil
• 1 tsp Ground cumin seeds
• 1 1/2 tsp Sweet Hungarian paprika
• 1/4 tsp Cayenne
• Bay leaves
• tbsp Fresh lemon juice
• Salt and freshly ground Black pepper to taste
• Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a large pan, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the cumin, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, and carrots and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Finally, add the cooked beans and the parsley and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with Pita Bread and garnished with fresh mint leaves.