• 4 kg Fish bones (any firm-fleshed whitefish, such as Sea bass, Rockfish, Halibut etc.)
• 4 litre Water
• 250 gm Yellow onions chopped
• 500 gm Carrots chopped
• 100 gm Shallots; coarsely chopped
• 1 cup Coarsely chopped leeks (white part only)
• 1/4 cup Parsley; loosely packed
• Sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme
• Whole bay leaves
• Garlic cloves
• 1 tbsp. Whole black peppercorns
• Salt to taste
1. Wash fish bones well under cold running water.
2. Place the bones in a large stockpot, cover with water and simmer for 10 minutes, skimming frequently.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Remove the fish bones and vegetables with a slotted spoon. Strain the stock through a cheesecloth-lined strainer. Allow to cool and skim the surface.
5. Divide in small containers and freeze for future use.