French Leek and Potato Soup
• 3 large potatoes
• 3 medium leeks, white only cut into rounds
• 4 cups water
• 1 1/2 cubes Chicken Base
• Fresh ground pepper
• 2 tbsp fresh minced chives
1. Combine potatoes, leeks and water and chicken base in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil, season with pepper, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes and leeks are soft.
3. Now cool, blend and strain. Pour back into the original pot. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Reheat very slowly.
4. Serve with fresh minced chives sprinkled on top.