Greek Green Beans
• 750 gm fresh or frozen green beans1 medium onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
• 1/3 cup chopped parsley – optional
• salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and cumin to taste
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, and saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes, stock, parsley and spices and cook it for a few minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
3. Add the green beans. Reduce the heat and let it simmer together until the beans are tender and the sauce is thick.