Greek Spinach and Lentil Soup
• 500 gm fresh spinach (or frozen thawed and drained)
• 1 cup dried lentils
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic, mashed
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
• salt and pepper
1. Wash and drain your spinach and cut any large leaves in half. In a large pot, cook the lentils in enough water to cover them, until they are soft.
2. In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until translucent and pour this into the lentils with the oil.
3. Add the cumin, spinach and salt and pepper and simmer it all together until the spinach settles and the lentils are very soft.
4. Now cool, blend and strain(optional)
5. Serve hot with bread.
You can make this soup as thick or as thin that as you prefer by adding more or less water.