Healthy Barley Drink
• ½ cup hulled barley
• 1/4 cup leafy green water
• 2 cup water
• Pinch of turmeric
• Pinch of cinnamon
• Pinch of cardamom
• 1/4 tsp bibhitaki powder
• 1/2 tsp honey
1. Bring water to boil in a medium pot. Add barley, cover, and simmer over medium heat for 2 hours. After 2 hours remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Place a colander in an empty pan and drain barley.
3. Combine resulting creamy barley water with spices, herbs, and vegetable water.
4. Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes, add honey and serve.
Don’t throw away the cooked barley as it can be eaten as part of a regular meal. Take brew once or twice a week; make it fresh each time.