Iced Lemon Punch
• 2 bottles (720 ml each) white grape juice
• 2 tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
• 2 lemons, thinly sliced, and seeds removed
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 lit. bottle club soda, chilled
• Ice cubes
• Mint springs for garnish (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat 1 bottle of the grape juice to boiling.
2. Add the lemon peel, juice, lemon slices and sugar. Stir until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
3. Cool. Pour into a tall glass pitcher. Stir in the other bottle of grape juice. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
4. Just before serving, stir the punch and slowly add the chilled club soda. Stir gently just to blend.
5. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes.
6. Garnish with sprigs of mint (optional).