Japanese Vegetable Miso Soup
• 6 cup Water
• tbsp White miso
• 150 gm fresh peas or
• 3 cups frozen peas (thawed)
• 3 Green onions, with tops (thinly sliced)
• Jalapeno pepper (seeded and sliced into thin rings)
• Garlic clove (minced)
• 1 medium piece dulse (finely chopped)
• tsp freshly squeeze lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp hot sesame oil
1. Put 1 cup of the water and the miso in a small bowl and stir together.
2. In a large pot, combine the remaining 5 cups water, the peas, green onions, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-hight heat, then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the miso mixture, dulse, lemon juice, and hot sesame oil. Bring barely to a simmer over medium-high heat.
4. Serve immediately.