• 4 cups ripe red Kokum or Amsool (Aamsool or Kokum is a fruit which is available in the Gujrat, Maharashtra and several southern states of India.)
• 5 cups Sugar
• 1/4 tsp Black salt
• !/4 tsp fresh roasted Cumin powder
• 1 tsp Salt
Method to prepare Kokum Concentrate
1. Wash and clean the kokums. Cut them into half.
2. Mix the kokums and sugar in a dry bowl.
3. Place this mixture in a dry glass jar. Let this sit in the sun for 15 days. A red syrup should form.
4. Drain out the kokum sugar syrup.
5. Add cumin powder, black salt and salt and stir well. Adjust sugar if needed.
To make a glass of Kokum Sarbat
1. In a glass pour 1/4th cup of Kokum concentrate.
2. Top it up with ice cold water. Mix well.
3. Serve chilled.