• 375 gm. lamb or goat shoulder (trimmed of as much fat as possible and cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
• 1 medium onion (chopped)
• 1 large clove garlic (chopped)
• Dried red pepper flakes to taste
• 2 fresh tomatoes (skinned, seeded & roughly chopped)
• 2 cups water or more if you like
• 1/2 cup yogurt
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1/2 tsp. dry mint
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 cardamom
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• Few strands saffron
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for a few seconds.
2. Add the crushed garlic, chili flakes and lamb. Fry again for a few seconds. Add spices and sauté for few more moments.
3. Add all ingredients except the yogurt. Simmer till the lamb is very well done and has absorbed all the flavors.
4. Before serving bring the heat to low add yogurt and serve hot.