Minted Chicken Soup
• 1 tbsp margarine
• 2 tbsp flour
• 5 cups chicken stock
• 1 tsp grated lemon rind
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 cup chicken meat (cubed & cooked)
• 2 tbsp fresh mint
1. In a large saucepan, melt margarine over moderate heat, blend in flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes
2. Slowly whisk in stock, add lemon rind and lemon juice and heat, stirring constantly to the boiling point – about 5 minutes
3. Adjust heat so that mixture simmers and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces, fresh mint and cook for 1 minute more over low heat and stir well.