• 1/4 cup Moong (green gram , whole)
• Salt, pepper according to taste
• Lime juice according to taste
• 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
• 1 tsp. butter or ghee
• 2 cups water
• A pinch of asafoetida
• A pinch of turmeric powder
1. Pressure cook washed gram till very soft.
2. Keep aside 1 tbsp. boiled moong. Blend the rest, after cooling.
3. In a pan, heat butter add cumin seeds. When they splutter add the asafetida and moong soup.
4. Add salt, turmeric, lime and pepper.
5. Boil for 10 minutes. Add left over 1 tbsp. whole moong , boil till thick enough for soup.
6. Serve hot.