Mushroom Soup – I
• 200 gms. button mushrooms
• 3-4 tbsp maida (all-purpose flour)
• 2-3 tbsp ghee or butter
• 300 ml milk
• 2 onions (chopped)
• 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
• 4 tsp cream
• Salt to taste
1. Mix chopped onions, mushrooms and water in a bowl and bring to a boil. Drain water, cool and blend to a fine puree.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the maida until light brown. Add milk, stir and boil until the mixture thickens to form white sauce.
3. Add mushroom puree to the white sauce and boil again for a few minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper powder and stir well. Remove from heat and serve hot.
5. Before serving, add cream on the top and serve.