Nut Milk or Thandai
• 2 glasses of whole milk
• 1 cup water
• 1 tbsp. blanched almonds
• 1 tbsp. Pistachios
• 1 tbsp. Poppy Seeds
• 6 cashew nuts
• Powdered cardamom, Cinnamon, Nutmeg- a pinch each
• Honey as per taste
1. Bring the water to boil in a small sauce pan. Add the spices. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Make a fine paste of all the nuts and poppy seeds along with the heated spices. Pour into a strainer lined with a damp cloth and set over a clean bowl. Squeeze all the milk out of the nuts by tightening the cloth by wringing it.
3. Mix this paste with the other spices into the milk and stir well. Mix the honey and chill.
4. Serve in glasses with crushed ice.