Panha (a cool raw mango drink)
• 1 raw mango
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/4 tsp saffron strands
• 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
• black salt as per taste
Method to prepare Panha concentrate
1. Peel the mango, throw away the green skin and seeds. Chop mango into one inch chunks.
2. In a pan, place the mango, sugar and 1/2 a cup of water.
3. Boil till the mango is soft. Cool.
4. Blend in a blender till smooth. Sieve this mixture.
5. Add the cardamom, saffron and bring to boil, stirring continuously.
6. Take it off the heat. Cool. Check if the mixture is sour enough for you. If not add a little lemon juice according to your taste.
7. This pulp may be stored in the freezer for over a month.
To make a glass of refreshing “Panha”
Take a tablespoon of the mixture. Add it to a glass of chilled water and serve.