South Africa Corn Soup
• 1 cup yellow onions
• 1 cup fresh tomatoes
• 2 cups canned kernel corn
• 2 cups cream styled canned corn
• 1 can evaporated milk
• 4 tbsp butter
• 1 tsp black pepper
1. In a pan, saute chopped onions and tomatoes in butter and then simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Now add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Serve piping hot with crackers.
The key ingredient to make a creamy textured soup is evaporated milk, so instead of using cream or milk use evaporated milk in your New England style clam or fish chowder.