Spanish Gazpacho – Andalusian chilled soup
• 4 cloves of chopped garlic
• 1 chopped deseeded green pepper
• 8 large tomatoes (skinned and deseeded)
• 1/2 cucumber peeled and cubed
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 4 tbsp white vinegar
• 3 cups of water
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 hard boiled egg (chopped, optional)
• small white bread cubes or croutons
1. Skin the tomatoes by pacing them in boiling water for a few minutes and then cold water.
Peeling is made easy.
2. Put the pepper, garlic, tomatoes and half the cucumber in a liquidiser.
Season with a little saft and pepper. Add, little by little, first the olive oil and then the vinegar and water. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Chop the hard boiled egg, white bread and remaining cucumber mix by hand and add to the centre of the chilled soup.
4. Normally served chilled, but can be served hot.