Thai Chicken Noodle Soup with Cabbage
• cups chicken stock
• 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
• 1 tbsp Hot & Sour Soup Mix
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tsp. vegetable oil
• 250 gm ground turkey, fat-free or low-fat
• 2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
• ½ cup Thin Rice Noodles
• Thai chili peppers (or any hot chili such as jalapeno)
• chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine the chicken stock, fish sauce, tom yum hot & sour soup mix and garlic in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. In a small frying pan or wok, heat the oil and add the ground turkey. Cook over medium high heat until thoroughly cooked and no pink is left in the meat, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the turkey, chopped cabbage and noodles to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Serve immediately with optional garnishes on the side.
For less starchy noodles that do not clump and stick together, soak noodles in hot tap water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain all water before adding to soup for cooking.