Thai Chicken Rice Noodle Soup
• 1 ½ cups cooked rice noodles
• 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
• 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
• 2 tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• ¼ cup carrots, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
• 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
• 1 tbsp sugar
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• white pepper (to taste)
1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Cook rice noodles for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. Divide noodles into four bowls.
2. In each bowl, place over noodles an even amount of chicken, green onions and cilantro.
3. In a pot, bring chicken broth, water, carrots, mushrooms, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice to a boil. Add a pinch of white pepper to taste.
4. Pour even amounts of soup into each bowl of noodle mixture. Serve immediately.