Thai Easy Rice Congee
• 1/2 cup rice (not quick-cooking)
• 3-4 cups water or chicken or veg broth
• 2 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to thin slices
• 1 tbsp garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp ginger, minced
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 dash black pepper (according to your taste)
• 6 pieces shiitake mushrooms, julienned
• 2 tbsp scallions, chopped, sesame oil and black pepper or white pepper for garnishing
1. Combine all ingredients (except garnishes) in a medium saucepan, bring to boil over medium heat then turn down heat and let simmer until water has been absorbed.
2. Add more water/broth if necessary)
3. Sprinkle with black/white pepper, a few drops of sesame oil and chopped scallions just before serving.