Thai Quick Mushroom Congee
• 1 cup rice (Precooked)
• 7 cups of boiled water or chicken broth
• 3 pieces shiitake mushrooms
• tbsp ginger, skinned and diced
• 1 tbsp on garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 tbsp on corn oil (optional)
• 1 tbsp on chicken bouillon
• 1 tbsp on oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp soy sauce (Light)
• 1/2 cup green onions (chopped), a pinch of black pepper or white pepper
1. Wash the shiitake mushrooms thoroughly and then boiled with warm water for ten minutes or as long as needed until it’s soft. Remove stems and slice when done.
2. Put the rice and water into a pot, loosen the rice by separating the grains, and let it boil in high heat for eight minutes. You may have to add more water or broth (Broth will give a more flavorful boost.) if the water is dissolving too fast.
3. Add mushrooms, ginger, and garlic, and stir. Add a tablespoon of corn oil if you wish the congee to be smoother. Continue boiling for six minutes stirring occasionally so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
4. Throw in the rest of the ingredients, stir, and boil for four minutes. Afterwards, lower the heat and let it simmer for two minutes.
5. Serve and sprinkle with garnishes as desired.