Thai Squash Soup
• 1 butternut squash
• 1 cup Coconut Milk
• 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 tbsp Hot & Sour Soup Mix
• 1 tbsp Roasted Red Chili Paste
• 2 tsp. brown sugar
• 1⁄2 tsp. salt
1. Quarter the squash and remove the seeds.
2. Steam the squash over boiling water for 15 minutes, until the squash is soft. Scrape the squash away from the tough rind and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, simmer the coconut milk, stock, hot & sour soup mix, roasted red chili paste, brown sugar, salt and optional lemon grass for 5 minutes.
4. While the coconut milk mixture is simmering, blend and strain the squash. Add the squash puree to the coconut milk mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with optional cilantro. Remove the lemon grass sections and serve immediately.