West Africa Avocado Soup
• 2 ripe avocados
• 4 cups cold chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Peel the avocados and mash them in a food processor or blender until they are a smooth paste.
2. Add the paste to the chicken broth, stirring well so the soup is homogeneous.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly, and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
4. Garnish with fresh chives and diced avocado bits and serve cold.